TO APPLY SEND US AN EMAIL WITH YOUR RESUME/CV ATTACHED TO CAREERS.US@CROSS.COM
Director of Ecommerce
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Hybrid - based in Rhode Island USA
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience: • 10+ years of experience in leading E-Commerce businesses (selling physical products) in a multi-channel environment.
Career Level: Mid Level
Require Travel: No
Posted On: July 31st, 2023
Founded in 1846, A. T. Cross is a global branded accessories company based in Providence, RI. Building on a rich tradition of its award-winning fine writing instruments and reputation for American quality, craftsmanship and service, the company’s innovative products appeal to a growing market of consumers who desire distinctive accessories that enhance their image and facilitate their lifestyle.
Cross, through its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures and markets fine writing instruments throughout the world. Reporting directly to the CEO and having significant interaction with the Board of Directors, this position will serve as a key member of the executive management team.
summary – scope and key responsibilities:
We are seeking a Director of Digital Marketing & E-Commerce to elevate and strengthen our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) and B2C E-Commerce channels globally through building and managing the e-commerce platform, managing digital marketing channels to accelerate the E-Commerce sales across various countries.
In this role, you will work with the CEO of A. T. Cross in building and improving the online infrastructure, maintaining the functioning of various platforms, and managing day-to-day E-Commerce operations of global multi-lingual, multi-currency websites (USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Belgium, Spain etc.), online merchandising, UX/UI Design of websites, conversion rate optimization, integration of E-Commerce platform with various platforms and ERP system (NetSuite) etc.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, experienced, and results-oriented person to oversee the digital strategy of the company’s online presence across D2C & B2B websites. The qualified person will have extensive experience in managing day-to-day E-Commerce operations; Online Merchandising, Desktop & Mobile UX/UI design, driving SEO Rankings, and overseeing the execution of Email Marketing and Social Media campaigns.
The successful candidate will bring strong knowledge and experience with D2C & B2B E-Commerce Platforms, particularly Magento Commerce (Cloud) and a track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously. Also, this role requires hands-on work on technology platforms e.g., Twilio, NetSuite ERP, Klaviyo etc.
Note: This is not a pure marketing role but is a hybrid role - more focused on E-Commerce Operations, Web Development and E-Commerce technology. Also, understanding of E-Mail Marketing, and various tools/platforms will be needed to be successful. Good fit for someone who is willing to work hands-on, when needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Create and execute digital strategy; manage global DTC, other websites, and eBay channel to help grow revenue and deliver outstanding online customer experiences.
- Lead day-to-day operations of all DTC E-Commerce sites and roll out new (D2C & B2B) features on E-Commerce sites; responsible for the e-commerce technology stack – Magento Commerce (Cloud), Braintree payment processing, integrations, fraud, product information management (PIM), GitHub, and middleware (Celigo, Pipe17) etc.
- Support Digital Marketing activities; monitor and report on all channel KPIs like Site Traffic, Conversion rate, ROAS, AOV, and more.
- Present future technology options and infrastructure investment choices
- Work with internal cross-functional team to manage day-to-day operations; uploading content, promotions; post and monitor Social Media updates; create and manage E-Mail Marketing Campaigns (using Klaviyo); drive digital projects to drive growth of revenue
- Manage vendors & free-lance resources in compliance with company policies.
- Manage budget and P&L performance of Online channel
- Ability to operate on a limited budget; experience doing financial analysis to support decisions.
Leadership & Management Behavioral Competencies:
The successful candidate will be a dynamic problem-solver with a passion for playing a key role in an environment that promotes continuous improvement while maintaining impeccable integrity.
This position will be a hands-on leader capable of mentoring the business team to enhance existing processes and internal controls within the organization. More specifically, the new Director will bring the following competencies:
- Collaborative Leadership Skills – Must have the ability to quickly assimilate into the culture of the Company, and work effectively as a business partner with the entire senior management team. Must be collaborative and hands-on; encourages cross-functional cooperation and builds strong working relationships across the business supporting all geographies. Must be forward thinking and open and receptive to new ideas. S/he is someone who thrives in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Problem solving – Candidate must be skilled in and excited about daily problem solving around complex issues in a dynamic business environment – brings a solutions-based approach on a daily basis.
- Driving Results – A broad and well-rounded business leader with strong leadership experience, equally capable on both strategic and operational levels. Track record of executing business strategy as both a business partner and operating leader. The Director must excel in driving business performance based on key performance indicators (KPIs) that are clearly aligned with the strategy and objectives of the company. The Director must be a decisive leader and have the ability to prioritize effectively and focus on the most relevant issues.
- Commercial Orientation – The Director will be commercially minded and effective working both at strategic and tactical levels. S/he should demonstrate comfort in identifying and analyzing proposed transactions and business plans to advance the company’s goals and strategies, including business partnerships, acquisitions, product and service agreements, and financial support of sales activities.
- Strong Business Acumen – The candidate must understand the levers on both the operational (strong detail orientation) and customer / commercial side of the business. S/he must have a track record of having built outstanding and effective relationships with business leaders across the enterprise with strong credibility both internally and externally.
- Excellent Communication Skills – Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ideal candidate will possess the ability to present his/her ideas in a clear, concise and compelling fashion to the CEO, Executive Leadership Team, Board, etc. with an exceptional command of facts and emotional IQ.
- Leadership – Keen ability to inspire High Performing teams. Displays a bias for action, decisiveness and sense of urgency. Resilient and brings unrelenting mental toughness. Exceptional interpersonal awareness along with strong self-confidence while being grounded in humility. Successful in delivering results through others.
Experience and Educational requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree with specialization in Information Systems preferred
- 10+ years of experience in leading E-Commerce businesses (selling physical products) in a multi-channel environment.
- Experience managing a multi-million-dollar DTC E-Commerce channel for well-known global consumer brand or online retailer and delivering consistent growth; knowledgeable of e-commerce trends and the competitive landscape.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a team and external agencies.
- Experience with E-Commerce platform e.g., Magento Commerce Cloud (required); Knowledge of Celigo, Pipe17, NetSuite (ERP), Klaviyo; Payment Processing etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics and SEO tools
- Experience with managing Product Catalogs and digital assets
- Hands-on experience in email marketing platform (preferably, Klaviyo)
- Hands-on experience with CX Platform – Twilio Voice and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- An “ideas mindset” with an ability to see solutions to any problem cost-effectively.
- Data driven at the core, with ability to communicate recommendations using facts and synthesized information.
- Leadership presence and strong critical thinking mindset; attention to detail
- A “doer” who is willing and able to roll up your sleeves and make sure goals are accomplished.
- Ability to communicate and build consensus among disparate parties.
- Experience in Luxury Goods, Consumer Goods, DTC, Online Retail industry (preferred)
- International e-commerce experience preferred.
- Strong presentation skills and proficiency with Microsoft office suite of products
Note: Candidates should be legally authorized to work in United States without visa sponsorship
No External Recruiters or 3rd parties; Resumes of candidates submitted by external recruiters or 3rd parties without prior approval from Cross CEO for this role will not be considered or paid any recruitment fees.