TO APPLY SEND US AN EMAIL WITH YOUR RESUME/CV ATTACHED TO CAREERS.US@CROSS.COM
Sales & Operations Planning Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Hybrid - based in Rhode Island USA
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience: 5 Years in Managment
Career Level: Mid Level
Require Travel: No
Posted On: July 31st, 2023
Founded in 1846, A.T. Cross is a global branded accessories company based in Providence, RI. Building on a rich tradition of its award-winning fine writing instruments and reputation for American quality, craftsmanship and service, the company’s innovative products appeal to a growing market of consumers who desire distinctive accessories that enhance their image and facilitate their lifestyle.
A.T. Cross through its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures and markets fine writing instruments throughout the world and is an original equipment manufacturer.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Director of Business Analytics.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A.T. Cross is looking for a passionate, structured, and analytical Sales Operations & Analysis Manager to join our growing Americas Sales Team. You will play a critical role in supporting the organization by providing insight, process structure, and strategic thinking to improve sales effectiveness and efficiency. In this role, you will work closely with Sales, Finance, Planning and Customer Services teams.
This individual will have10+ years of experience in manufacturing organizations in sales analysis and planning roles involving demand planning. This individual must demonstrate intellectual curiosity and successfully partner across the business driving forecast accuracy across all regions. This individual must have the ability to develop and implement complex modeling tools to accurately capture demand signals, inventory flow and capacity planning across the various contract manufacturers.
The S&OP Manager is the subject matter expert for demand planning, network optimization, and capacity planning while supporting various projects including monthly demand plans, consumption models, network and production strategy optimization, integration of new businesses, and new product launches. This leader also facilitates each S&OP meeting to ensure the team is focused on the plan. The S&OP Manager may also need to lead technical initiatives to improve data analysis such as implementing planning software.
This successful candidate will play a critical role enabling gross margin optimization improved working capital.
- Participate in the development of statistical models to optimize safety stocks without negatively affecting customer service levels
- Review and analyze the forecast demand versus actual demand, understanding changes and trends
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to ensure that the promotions, visible impact orders, and new product forecasts are included in the aggregate demand
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop and maintain integrated business plans
- Monitor and analyze current and historical market trends and customer demand patterns
- nalyze and provide insights on supply and demand constraints, potential risks and opportunities, and inventory optimization
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and finance teams to ensure that financial goals are met
- Prepare and present reports, forecasts, and recommendations to management
- Identify areas for process improvement and develop solutions to strengthen S&OP processes
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and report on performance metrics and KPIs
- Develop and maintain S&OP best practices and policies.
- Communicate with Manufacturing about promotions, new products forecasts, and launch timing updates
- Assist in the resolution of key supply-demand/service-cost issues
- Document assumptions, promotions, and adjustments to forecasts using Sales and Marketing teams’ input
- Analyze and upload timely and accurate periods of 18 months’ forecasts on a monthly basis
- Facilitate monthly demand forecast aggregation, including consensus between functions and stakeholders
- Assist with the coordination, facilitation, and documentation of regularly scheduled planning meetings
- Review, store, and backup final adjusted and unadjusted statistical forecasts
- Create and drive continuous improvement of world-class demand planning and S&OP processes
- Measure, control, and improve S&OP plan accuracy through clearly defined metrics
- Lead network optimization process to mitigate costs and maximize service
- Develop capacity simulation processes to run sensitivity analysis for growth
- Utilize a pragmatic and data driven approach towards problem solving and foster a solution and success-oriented environment characterized by ownership and accountability
Required 6 Months Accomplishments:
There are several priorities that the S&OP Manager will need to accomplish during his/her initial 6 months in the role:
- Gain a detailed knowledge of all aspects of the business. Understand the key issues, challenges and business opportunities by product line and global geographies;
- Build strong partnerships and establish credibility internal across all functional areas
- Bring an immediate focus to the company’s operational flow from forecasting & planning to sourcing, production, and logistics;
- Implement specific initiatives to drive forecast accuracy and drive inventory optimization
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with all members of the CMs and China based team members
- Be the consummate team player, who can operate in a complex, fast paced, multi-faceted business environment which is undergoing significant transformation
- Bring transparent and diligent (financial) analysis & modeling, and act as conduit across the business
CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO HAVE A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience in key leadership roles operating in the intersection between US-based (or Europe-based) HQ and inhouse/outsourced operations in China; A 15-20 year proven track record of successfully managing operations (inhouse or via CM) that deliver consumer-oriented products across global markets with multiple distribution channels;
- Strong data & analytics skills, including Excel proficiency and other programs such as Access and Tableau
- Proven ability to dynamically employ strategic and tactical analysis as required
- Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written) supplemented with a collegial approach resulting in open sharing and collaboration
- Strong organizational skills in strategy, communication at all levels across the business and passion for flawless execution
- Demonstrated ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, project management skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner
- Ability to build relationships up, across and down the organization;
- Pragmatic, enterprising, motivated and resilient with the drive, enthusiasm, personal urgency and commitment necessary to inspire the company to “get things done,” both effectively and efficiently;
- Brings high character; acting in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs; dealing and talking straight
- Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and the key drivers within the manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with NetSuite software highly preferred
- A four-year undergraduate degree – Business, Supply Chain Management, or Logistics
- MBA or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance or equivalent
- Six Sigma – Black Belt certification desired