TO APPLY SEND US AN EMAIL WITH YOUR RESUME/CV ATTACHED TO CAREERS.US@CROSS.COM
Technical Product Manager
Job Type: Full-time; full benefits package
Location: Fully Remote
Minimum Qualification: Engineering degree or Business Administration. MBA preferred.
Minimum Experience: 8+ years in consumer-oriented product development.
Career Level: Mid-Level
Require Travel: No
Posted On: June 30th, 2022
A.T. Cross is seeking a highly analytical and experienced Technical Product Manager to manage all aspects of the product lifecycle with vital system administration requirements. This role will be the go-to for product knowledge, responding to requests from Customer Service, Consumer Relations, General Managers, Sales, and Operations under Marketing. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, organized, leveraging data to support our product portfolio and enable top-line growth. A successful candidate has outstanding business acumen and a restless need to search for the ‘why’ in analysis; must be passionate about using data to drive decision making. This role will identify new product development opportunities and existing category improvement for DTC and traditional sales channels.
Roles Specifications: Manage data-driven product category management, support existing new product introductions, and manage key global projects. Responsible for all Product Development processes starting with initial product roadmap identification and supporting the timely delivery of product development at every stage gate, working closely with manufacturing and Operations.
Global NetSuite Product Setup (30%)
- Manage global product setup in NetSuite. Manage international requests with promptness and high-level of accuracy.
- Allocate and provide UPCs for products. Update the UPC log, all packaging item logs, and label database. Create and set up new part numbers and BOMs for N level/ Boxed items and X SKUs – applies to new products, additions, and updates to existing items requests which come in weekly.
Engineering/ Technical (20%)
- Provide compliance responses to regulatory agencies and customers, including safety sheets, Prop 65, and other local and global requirements. Managing product compliance requests – customer requests for safety data, reports, and agencies, ensuring we meet the proper conditions.
- Patent advisory and researcher.
- Customer service Q&A -TBD- product expert.
- Create product specification sheets for new skus.
- Resolving technical issues during product development and working closely with industrial design to create manufacturable products within current setup constraints.
- Ideation, development of competitive analysis for testing, product specs, etc.
Category Management (20%)
- Provide global product performance data with monthly, quarterly, and yearly insights and ad-hoc reports to make product decisions.
- Create and follow up on all New Product Introductions working with Creative, Engineering, Sales, and DTC teams. Manage and drive product launch timelines, working with operations, marketing, and sales to ensure successful launches across channels and geographies.
- Generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to provide insights, identify opportunities and deliver actionable recommendations and solutions that drive optimal decision making across Cross and Sheaffer.
- Create product specifications sheets to distribute to customers, creative service, and system set up. Include all technical and marketing requirements.
- Support all channels and regions with product requests and project management requirements.
- Company’s subject matter expert for both Cross and Shaeffer product categories.
- Support new product launches with fact sheets, sales decks, and product briefs that help create assets.
- Competitive analysis and benchmarking.
- Pricing analysis on all new products against current skus and competition.
- Work closely with product design to implement ideas into possible solutions.
- Product training for both brands.
- Data analysis – creating reports through PowerBI and NetSuite.
- Respond to global questions and requests from internal and external customers.
Project Management (30%)
- Create and manage the Tech pack information for turnover.
- Provide project management for new or critical initiatives related to products (including packaging, parts, and components)
Preferred Education · Engineering degree or Business Administration. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years in consumer-oriented product development.
- NetSuite knowledge.
- PowerBI knowledge
- Excel Expert
- Product development experience
- Project management experience
- Analytical with advanced Excel skills.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Self-starter, very comfortable with a very fast-paced environment and changes.
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker; ability to synthesize disparate and incomplete information while making sound recommendations despite not having all the facts.
- Excited by challenges and the opportunity to define plans based on data, market opportunities, and trends.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and requests